In order to configure the fingerprint app there are two things that should be done. 1. Setting the username and password for the it to access the openmrs database. 2. UgandaEMR Settings
a) [Login](../login.md) In UgandaEMR. This will navigate you to the _"Home"_ page
b) Click on the "System Administrator icon ![System Admin icon](../images/system_admin_icon.png). This will navigate you to the _" System Administration"_ page.
c) Click on the Fingerprint Settings icon. ![Fingerprint Settings icon](../images/fingerprint_settings_icon.png). This will navigate you to the fingerprint settings
![Fingerprint Settings Page](../images/fingerprint_setting_page.png)
d) In order to enable or disable a finger type _"true"_ to enable and _"false"_ to disable.
e) The Socket IP Address is very important. It should be set to _"http://localhost:8084"_ if its not set, or different, change it to _"http://localhost:8084"_.
f) In order to save the changes, _"click the save"_ button.
- 1.Ensure UgandaEMR has been installed successfully: The you can ably login using your session like ART, SMC, OPD and the many more.
- 4.Unzip the download to a directory of your choice
- 6.Replace "localhost" with the IP address of the server.
- 7.Right click on the "fingerprintrun.bat" and Create shortcut to Desktop
- 8.Go to Desktop and rename the Short to "Start Fingerprint".
- 9.May Change the icon of the shortcut. There is one provided in the fingerprint directory.Server Machine
- 10.Launch mysql client
- 11.Login in mysql
- 12.Run the following commands belowCreate user ‘openmrs’@’%’ identified by ‘openmrs’;GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES on openmrs.* to ‘openmrs’@’%’
- 13.Go to Windows Firewall, add inbound rules. In there, add ports 3306
- 14.Do the same for Outbound rules